Dr. Makokha George Lukoye
Designation/Title: Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization:
- Urban Climatology
- Urban Climatology
- Barasa, C.A., Shisanya, C. and Makokha, G.L. (2017): Constraints to forecast application for agricultural production in Bungoma Central Sub-County, Bungoma County, Kenya. International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJRAS) Volume 4 Issue 11
- Recha, C.W., Makokha G. L. and Shisanya, C.A. (2017): Climate variability and causes: from the perspective of the Tharaka people of eastern Kenya. Geoscience Letters 4:22 DOI 10.1186/s40562-0117-0088-1
- Recha, C.W., Makokha G. L., Shisanya, C. A. and Mukopi, M. N. (2017): Climate variability: attributes and indicators of adaptive capacity in semi-arid Tharaka Sub-County, Kenya. Open Access Library Journal Volume 4, e3505
- Mutisya N. D. and Makokha, G.L. (2016): Challenges affecting adoption of e-learning in public universities in Kenya. E-Learning and Digital Media 0(0) 1-18 DOI: 0.1177/2042753016672902. Idm.sagepub.com
- Saturday, A., Makokha, G.L. and Macharia, A. (2016): Performance of household water methods for microbial removal under household conditions in Kabale District, Uganda. Journal of Environment and Health Sciences 2(2): 1-8 DOI: 10.15436/2378-6841.16.1013
- Makokha, G.L. and Mutisya, D. (2016): Status of e-learning in Public Universities in Kenya. International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning Volume 17, Number 3
- Saturday, A., Makokha, G.L. and Macharia, A. (2016): Household water treatment technologies for microbial removal in Kabale District, Southwestern Uganda. Journal of Environment and Health Sciences 2(1): 1-8 DOI: 10.15436/2378- 6841.16.804
- Kakaire, J., Makokha, G.L., Mwanjololo, M., Mensa, A.K. and Menya, E. (2015): Effects of mulching on soil hydro-physical properties in Kibaale sub-catchment, south central Uganda. Applied Ecology and Environmental Sciences, vol. 3, No. 5, 127-135. DOI: 10.12691/aees-3-5-1
- Ruhakana, A., Cush, N.L., Sirikare, S., Nyingesa, A.J., Makokha, L.G. and Mambani, P. (2015): Spatial variability of water quality for rice irrigation in Rusurirwamujyinga Sub- catchment. Bulletin of Environment, Pharmacology and Life Sciences Vol. 4 (6) pages 30-39
- Kisaka, M.O, Mucheru-Muna, M., Ngetich, F.K., Mugwe, J., Mugendi, D., Mairura, F., Shisanya, C. and Makokha, G.L. (2015): Potential of deterministic and geostatistical rainfall interpolation under high rainfall variability and dry spells: case of Kenya’s Central Highlands. Theoretical Applied Climatology DOI 10.1007/s00704-015-1413-2, Springer-Verlag Wien 2015
- Karanja, A.M., Shisanya, C. and Makokha, G. (2014): Analysis of rainfall variability on potato production in Kenya: A case of Oljoro-orok division. Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 02 pp 447- 456
- Karanja, A.M., Shisanya, C. and Makokha, G. (2014): Analysis of the key challenges facing potato farmers in Oljoro-orok division, Kenya. Agricultural Sciences, 2014, 5, 834-838
- Recha, C.W., Makokha G. L., Traore, P.S., Shisanya, C. A., Lodoun, T. and Sako, A, (2012): Determination of seasonal rainfall variability, onset and cessation in semi-arid Tharaka district, Kenya. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 108: 479-494 DOI 10. 1007/s00704-011-0544-3
- Magnitude and variations of mean comfort indices in Kenya and implications for planning of human activities. Journal of African Met. Society, vol. 5 No. 2 55-62. 2002
- Makokha, G. L. and Shisanya, C. A, (2010): Temperature cooling and warming rates in three different built environment in Nairobi city, Kenya. Advances in Meteorology Volume 2010, Article ID 686214, 5 pages, doi: 1155/2010/686214.
- Makokha, G.L. and Shisanya, C. A, (2010): Trends in Mean Annual Maximum and Minimum Near Surface Temperature in Nairobi City, Kenya. Advances in Meteorology Volume 2010, Article ID 676041, 6 pages, doi: 1155/2010/676041.
- Recha, C. W, Shisanya, C. A, Makokha, G. L, Kinuthia, R. N, (2008): Perception and use of climate forecast information amongst smallholder farmers in Semi-Arid Kenya. Asian Journal of Applied Sciences 1 (2): 123-135.
- Shisanya, C. A., Recha, W., Makokha, G. L., Mutisya, D. N., Okolla, J. and Anyamba, A.(2005): Exploring the possibility to predict southeast Kenya normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) using seasonal climate forecast. European Journal of Scientific Research 12 (1), 276-287.
- Makokha, G. L, (2002): Magnitude and variations of mean comfort indices in Kenya and implications for planning of human activities. Journal of the African Meteorological Society Vol. 5 No. 2, 255-262.
- Makokha, G. L, (1998): Variations of the effective temperature index in Kenya. Geojournal 44.4, 337-343.
- Makokha, G. L, (1994): Spatial, seasonal and diurnal variations of climatic comfort in Kenya. Journal of Eastern Africa Research and Development (JEARD), Vol. 24, 183-211.