Prof. Elishiba N. Kimani
Reviewed Conference paper
- Elishiba Njambi Kimani. (September 2014). Challenges in Quality Control for Postgraduate Supervision presented in a Postgraduate Supervision African Summit 2014 held in Johannesburg-South Africa in Aug 6th to 8th, 2014 and later published in International Journal of Humanities Social Sciences and Education (IJHSSE). Volume 1, Issue 9, September 2014, PP 63-70. ISSN 2349-0373 (Print) & ISSN 2349-0381 (Online). www.arcjournals.org. Publication link-http://www.arcjournals.org/ijhsse/2014_ijhsse_vi-i9.php.
Secondary School Level Textbook
- L.N. Wanjama, E.N. Kimani, M.J. Lodiaga. (2007). HIV and AIDS: The Pandemic. Nairobi. Jomo Kenyatta Foundation.
Consultancy and Project Reports
- November 2017 to date: Consultant/Mentor for Gender Mainstreaming for AHADI in the development of Public Management Expenditure Garissa and Wajir Counties-Kenya.
- December 2018 to May, 2019: Carried out a research as a Consultant on a Household Care Survey titled “Gendered Care Work Patterns in the Urban Informal Settlements of Nairobi County, Kenya: Promoting Livelihoods and Inclusion of Vulnerable Women Domestic Workers and Small Scale Traders.” for OXFAM.
- June 3rd to 9th 2018: Lead Facilitator/Trainer for the Meru Twaweza Programme Training Workshop Programme for Women Ward Representatives: A programme in the Office of the first Lady in Meru County to empower Grassroot women, socially, economically and in leadership.
- February to March 2017: Consultant for African Women Study Center (University of Nairobi) to participate in the documentation on “100 years of women’s journey towards gender equality in Kenya” 1900-2000.
- February 2015 to December 2016: Lead Consultant in a Baseline Survey for OXFAM on “The Documentation of Women’s Care work for Domestic Workers and Small Scale Traders in Nairobi Informal Sector”: Kibera, Mathare, Korogocho, Mukuru and Kawangware.
- 13th February May 2017: Consultant for UN Women for the review and development of the Strategic Plan (2016-2021) for Maendeleo ya Wanawake Organisation in Kenya.
- 4th May to 3rd June 2015: Developed a midterm project evaluation report as a lead consultant for the Kenya Good Samaritan HIV program by the Bible Society of Kenya.
- December, 2014: Developed a midterm evaluation project report as lead consultant in for the Bible Society of Cote dívoire (BSCI) on the “The good Samaritan programme (GSP) and take charge HIV and AIDS youth program”.
Non-Reviewed Conference paper
- 27th Aug, 2015: Presented a paper at colloquium on “Perspectives on African Women in Kenyan Academic Institutions,” in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Boardroom-University of Nairobi
- 25th August, 2014: Presented a paper on “Interrogating the policy options for increasing and retaining women’s participation in politics and in the public service sector” in a conference held at Lukenya Gateway for Parliamentary Committee on Labour.
- 12th -13th May, 2014: Presented a paper on “An overview of women’s reproductive health and services rights” in a conference held at African Women Studies Centre Workshop- University of Nairobi.
- 19th -21st November 2013: Presented a paper on “Influencing national Policies towards Sustainable Food Security in Africa Through Gender mainstreaming in Research” in a conference held by the International Network of Women Engineers and Scientists Regional at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies-Nairobi, Kenya.
- 11th -14th March, 2013: Presented a paper on “Children’s rights and OVC programming” in a Programme Evaluation conference organized by United Bible Society in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Co-authored a book for the Development & Training Services Inc. on “Gender analysis & Action Plan for USAID/ Kenya Country Development Cooperation Strategy” for USAID, Kenya, (2012).
Editorship of a book/ Conference Proceedings
Editorship of a book
- Elishiba Kimani. (February 2015) Pathways to African Feminism and Development, Filling Granary: Journal of African Women Studies Center. University of Nairobi, Kenya. (Online)
- Elishiba Kimani, Wanjiku Mukabi Kabira and Lucia Mary Mbithi. (2014). Socio-Economic Rights-Article 43 (1) of Constitution of Kenya 2010: Best Practices. Africa Women Studies Centre and Amkeni Wakenya. Nairobi.
- Gun-Marie Franberg, Camilla Hallgren and Elza Dunkels (2013). invisible girl. Umea University, Sweden. See the page on acknowledgement and editorial Board just before the table of content.
Organizer and Editorship of Conference Proceedings
- 1st -3rd August, 2012: Participated as one of the Organizers and editor for the conference proceedings for the First International Conference on Gender Based Violence held in Kenyatta University.
- 26th-28th August 2014: Organizer and editor for the Conference proceedings for inaugural capacity building workshop on Doctoral provision in East Africa Organized by the Association of Common Wealth Universities, Kenyatta University and Institute of Education University of London Venue Kenyatta university Conference Centre in Nairobi, Kenya.