DEPARTMENT OF FINE ART AND DESIGN
- A collection of Ewe Proverbs
- African Proverb of the Month October 2009
- African Proverb of the Month August 2008
- A stubborn person sails in a clay boat
- African Proverbs Callender
- A study of Traditional Pottery of Western Kenya with special emphasis on Kakamega, Vihiga and Kisumu districts”
- A paper on “Artistic and Technical Enhancement of Jua Kali products -a prerequisite for better quality products”
- May 1996, Forum for African Women Educationists FAWE. Consultation on making a trophy for the FAWE Agathe Uwilingiyiana Award. Honouring Innovative Achievements in Female Education in Africa.
- Oct 1997, Trophy Design for Bishop Tutu Peace Award presented in October 1997 in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. commissioned by the “All Africa Conference of Churches” with the Reverence
- Phyllis M. Byrd as the initiator and co-ordinator. The final design was carved in ebony. A replica of the trophy is displayed in the Chancellor’s Room near Boardroom A in Administration, Kenyatta University.
- Summer 1982, Group Exhibitions organised by HOME (Housing Opportunities Made Equal) - Exhibition held at LeBrun Avenue, Buffalo New York, USA
- Spring 1982, Sculptures on display, loaned to the "Urban and Housing Development Organisation, Buffalo, N.Y. USA
- 1981, Made a portrait bust of Dr. Martin Luther King Jnr. Now on display at the Martin Luther King Jnr. School, Buffalo, N.Y. USA
- 1980, Had a Grand one person exhibition at the African -American Cultural Centre-Buffalo, N.Y. USA
- 1979, "One-person exhibition at the “Centre for positive thought, “Buffalo, N.Y. USA
- 1978 “Centre for positive thought.” 11 East Utica St. Buffalo, N.Y –USA have two of my works on permanent display in the Museum of African and African-American Art and Antiquities.
- 1978, Two of my works in the private collection of Professor Molefi Asante, Temple University, Philadelphia USA
- 1977, A concrete water Fountain made for Mr. Debra-General Manager of the Ghana Cargo handling Corporation of Ghana.
- 1977, A concrete water fountain for Alhaji Abujaja a Bank Manger of the Korlebu Branch Commercial Bank in Accra, Ghana.
- 1977, Three concrete water fountains for STEREO ¬SPOT, a number one disco in Accra, Ghana (Teshie-Nungwa Estate) worked with Prof. Aziz Akator
- Oct.1991-96, Exhibition of Sculptures at the Museum Hill Art Gallery - Nairobi, Kenya. Some of the works are now permanently displayed in the Kenya Embassy in Tokyo Japan.
- 1977, " A Ghanaian Pouring Libation" is a carving in Ebony - commissioned by the ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ghana and donated to Queen Elizabeth of England during her silver Jubilee celebration in 1977
- 1976, Staff Exhibition at the senior staff Club U.S.T Kumasi, Ghana
Last Updated on Thursday, 16 April 2015 14:32